All American Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza and GT5 Sim Racing team dedicated to IFCA League Racing

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Clock
Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum

Rolex start up!

Go down 
+3
AAR Dognut
AAR GTDon
AAR darkestdale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AAR darkestdale
Admin
AAR darkestdale

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 am

OK Don, this one is your baby. A couple of non AAR competitors have mention thier waiting for this. I'm sure we have enough to start this up again this weekend. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 am

I am planning for this this weekend, and have been thinking of yet another twist to it. I think it will make the racing closers and more fun, if each season we limit the number of available cars to a select 4. Each season those 4 cars would change. This way the cars will be closer, and people won't have to test everything or feel like they got a dog.
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:19 am

How about four cars, all same make and model, different eras? Say 70s Camaro vs 80s Camaro vs 90s Camaro vs current Camaro?
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 am

Well, doesn't quite work like that, because the cars we use are already tested. There are close to 50 cars we use, that were specific to the series and follow a Grand Am like build. So it's not like we can just take any car we want and throw them in the mix on a whim. lol

Some have complained that there are too many cars to pick from, and that too often your selection can be bad depending on what the faster guys go with. So if I limit the selection to just a few it would be more fair, and we'd see people driving cars that they might not usually pick. It would also be fun to see which 4 cars are going to be legal each season. lol
Back to top Go down
PacMan

PacMan

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

I agree Don. less cars would level things a bit, and keep it light and less stressful on what car to pick!

With recent developments, I think I should show some team support and actually run this event. (that sounded cocky! Not how I meant it. I have never been able to run this event cuz I was always doing 2 o 3 ifca events) But I cant remember when we run ours and GLR runs theirs! I would go look, but every time I goto the ifca site I get distracted by the car accident of the general chat thread. Anyone talked to GLR to make sure they are still running their division?
Back to top Go down
AAR darkestdale
Admin
AAR darkestdale

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Glad we are starting it up again Don. The four car deal is pretty smart too! Glad to see you running PacMan.
Back to top Go down
AAR Q Bert
Admin
AAR Q Bert

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Once you have the info locked down and you decide to announce it. Don't forget to point people here and I will start the sign-up thread.
Back to top Go down
GLR FACEPALMER

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 pm

This series is fun, I can't wait
Back to top Go down
AAR OTRSVdubz

AAR OTRSVdubz

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: supp hommiesss   Rolex start up! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:34 am

vdubzkikazz is back putos
Back to top Go down
AAR darkestdale
Admin
AAR darkestdale

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

dubz!! Welcome to our home!

Last edited by AAR darkestdale on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AAR OTRSVdubz

AAR OTRSVdubz

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 am

hey not just back, but trying to put the name VdubzKiKazz back in somebody's head.. On The Run Son!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rolex start up! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolex start up!   Rolex start up! Empty

Back to top Go down

Rolex start up!
Page 1 of 1