All American Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza and GT5 Sim Racing team dedicated to IFCA League Racing

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Clock
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum

GT Academy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 pm

"Got game?"

http://www.gtplanet.net/u-s-gt-academy-begins-today-round-1-event-details/

GT Academy will challenge gamers and racing fans alike across the U.S. to compete in a series of online time trials in pre-selected Nissan vehicles in Gran Turismo 5. Throughout the course of the competition, participants will earn free digital content just for playing, as well as have an opportunity to win prizes for winning regional time trials. The top 32 virtual racers in the country will compete in the live national finals event scheduled for March 2011 to become one of 16 GT Academy finalists. The 16 finalists will compete against each other in a series of challenges, including behind the wheel of real Nissan race cars, for a chance to become a professional race car driver as the GT Academy winner for the U.S. The winner will have the opportunity to train with elite race car drivers at international tracks and race as part of a professional team.

The 128 contestants with the highest scores from each Region will move on to Round 2.
The 16 contestants with the highest scores from each Region will move on to Round 3.
The 8 contestants with the highest scores in Round 3 from each Region will move on to Round 4 Final Round.

At the National Finals, the 32 contestants will be divided via a random drawing into eight groups of four contestants each. Contestants in each group will compete in three online race events in each round. Each contestant will earn points based finishing positions in each event in his or her group. Points will be awarded as follows:
6 points for placing first
3 points for placing second
1 point for placing third
0 points for placing fourth

After all eight groups have finished their race events, the four contestants with the fewest points among all contestants will be eliminated from the National Finals. The remaining contestants advance to the next round of the National Finals.

National Finals’ Rounds will be as follows:
Round 1 will have 8 groups of 4 contestants each. Bottom 4 contestants will be eliminated
Round 2 will have 7 groups of 4 contestants each. Bottom 4 contestants will be eliminated.
Round 3 will have 6 groups of 4 contestants each. Bottom 4 contestants will be eliminated.
Round 4 will have 5 groups of 4 contestants each. Bottom 4 contestants will be eliminated.

Race difficulty gradually increases per round of the National Finals, with later races being in more difficult cars and tracks. Sponsor will select the tracks, number of laps, cars, and car settings prior to start of each round.

PRIZES
Round 1 Prizes (512 Prizes):
The top 128 contestants from each of the four Regions at the end of Round 1 will receive a Gran Turismo® download voucher code for download and play on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Approximate retail value, $39.99. Round 1 Winners will be announced by January 30, 2011.
Round 1 Weekly Prizes:

In addition, during each of the five weeks of Round 1, Sponsor will award the following prizes. Contestant with the fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one Playseat Revolution (Gran Turismo Edition) racing seat (plus one (1) Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $760.00). The contestants that finish with the second through fifth fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one (1) Logitech Driving Force™ GT wheel and one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $160.00). Contestants that finish with the sixth through twentieth fastest combined Time Trial Event time on the national leaderboard will receive one (1) GT5 poster (approx retail value $10). A contestant cannot win more than one of the same prize. For example, winner of week 1 (Playseat, Logitech wheel and poster) cannot win those prizes in subsequent weeks. If the same contestant finishes in the same winner bracket more than once in each week of competition, the prize will be awarded to the next person on the national leaderboard.

Round 2 Prizes (64 Prizes):
The top sixteen contestants from each Region at the end of Round 2 will receive a copy of Gran Turismo® 5 Collector’s Edition for the PLAYSTATION®3 system. Approximate retail value, $99.99. Round 2 winners will be announced by February 13, 2011.

Round 3 Prizes (32 Prizes):
The eight top contestants from each Region at the end of Round 3 will win a prize package that includes one roundtrip airfare to the National Finals, hotel accommodations for two nights, transportation to and from the National Finals, and a chance to race and compete to move on to GT Academy where the ultimate prize is the chance to become a real professional race driver. (Approximate retail value of trip to National Finals and accommodations is $3000.00). A National Final’s qualifying contestant’s Prize will be forfeited if that contestant is unable to travel during designated time period, or if that contestant does not return required affidavit in time to verify age and state of residency or other compliance with these Contest rules. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are contestants’ sole responsibility. If Sponsor determines that air travel is not required due to a contestant's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsors' sole discretion.

Round 4 Prizes (16 Prizes):
The top sixteen National Finals contestants who meet the Eligibility criteria described in Addendum A will win a chance to enter GT Academy.
Back to top Go down
https://aarracers.forumotion.com
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm

How are you making out so far Don? I'm hoping to give it a go later this week.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 pm

I haven't had nearly as much time with it as I've wanted what with the holidays and all, but I'm in the top 50 for my region so far.
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:47 pm

Did you make it??? I never got to a PS3, though based on the Facebook page, I'm glad I didn't. It seems cheating is the norm in the Round 2 (and probably Round 1.)

https://www.facebook.com/GTAcademyNA
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh, and just because I can: these sorts of "uncertified" times would never have happened in Forza 3. Wink
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:04 pm

All the fun stuff happens at the 1:30 mark:

Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:11 pm

Round Two of GT Academy won't count, and Round Three is postponed indefinitely. Oops!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/09/sony-gt-academy-round-two-wont-count-because-of-cheaters/
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Man what a bummer.
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm

And apparently at least one of the tracks in Round One was faster when cutting the corners, so people are calling for Sony to issue some sort of patch and start the whole thing over.

I'd be all for that, it would give me a chance to get into the competition this time!
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Yeah me too, I didn't get a chance to put the time into it at the end of round 1 and missed the cut.
Back to top Go down
AAR Dognut

AAR Dognut

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Well, now we know it wasn't for lack of skill!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GT Academy  Empty
PostSubject: Re: GT Academy    GT Academy  Empty

Back to top Go down

GT Academy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All American Racers :: GT5 :: General Game Chat-
Jump to: