All American Racers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza and GT5 Sim Racing team dedicated to IFCA League Racing

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Clock
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum
free forum

experimenting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AAR GTDon
Admin

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: experimenting   experimenting EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

Hey Cobra! You there? I'm slowly working up a series for GT5, based on the new Pro Touring Car Championship on the IFCA. I intend to replicate a replica series of a real series. lol (The real series being the WTCC).

Anyway, as my starting point or base line car to test I've used the 2007 BMW Concept 1 Tii, essentially a 135i I believe. The build follows the same line as the Forza cars for the PTCC. Max the handling out, widest tires, everything but horsepower for this car. With a fresh oil change and chassis repair it should look like this:

313hp/302tq
2724.9lbs/1236k

These are comparable numbers to the Forza cars I've built for the PTCC enabling me to run nearly the exact same times in both types of cars. My best time at Suzuka was a 2:12.678. I'm not sure that this is the best time one can run with this car however.

For some fun comparison with the Forza cars at Suzuka:

Lexus IS350 2006 B-500
311hp/281tq
2902lbs

lap time 2:12.843

GT5 tracks are slightly longer and have greater elavation changes requiring a faster car to match the same lap times in Forza3.

The cars in GT5 are more bias towards hp and less towards weight when attempting to build equal cars of different makes; sort of the opposite of a Forza car to a point.

If you want, go a head and build some cars with not more than 315hp that can run about a 2:13 flat at Suzuka, and let me know your results.
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 5:49 pm

YES, Don! I'm still here. Extremely excited for this! Not very familiar with this particular type of series, but I like trying new stuff. I will begin my build and lap trials this evening. Your testing between Forza and GT has probably not come easy since many factors have to be considered. Nice breakdown of the builds and times.
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Is this what you are aiming at for replication, Don?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVcMcBLWSdg

If so, that's some neat shit! It's to my understanding that the WTCC consists of just 3 constructors: BMW, SEAT, and Chevrolet (Cruze). Engine displacement is 1.6 and 2.0 litres. I haven't explored the cars avialable in GT5 yet. Wondering if displacement is a concern for you. I'll be in touch.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes, that is the series. What's cool is that they have used FWD RWD AWD cars of various makes in the past.
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:00 am

Don, sorry to be a bother with this, but I'm a little confused about the build criteria. You mentioned "max out the handling". Do you mean the fully customizeable suspension from the tuning shop? Did you add extra chassis stiffness also? Weight reduction? If so, which weight reduction package? Also you mentioned using the "widest" tires. GT5 does not have a provision for selecting tire dimensions. Did you mean "race" tires? If so, Hard, Medium, or Soft? I should have asked you these things sooner, but I thought I understood the build until I fired up GT5 and couldn't figure out where to start. However, I did purchase the BMW to get a "platform" idea on other vehicle possibilities.
Back to top Go down
AAR GTDon
Admin

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:14 am

add everything you can except hp
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 am

Ok! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GLR Gashi

GLR Gashi

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:58 am

Don, the new addition of limiting power and adding ballast to the cars should really help out with any cars being slightly over or under performing. Also the performance points system might help too, but I hear it is a little odd. Might take a while to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
http://fmchallenge.darkbb.com/
AAR GTDon
Admin

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 am

Yeah, I will fiddle with that too.
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:09 pm

GLR Gashi wrote:
Don, the new addition of limiting power and adding ballast to the cars should really help out with any cars being slightly over or under performing.

Say what?!? Where do you see the provision to add ballast? Do I have a different copy of GT5 than everyone else?
Back to top Go down
AAR CobraJet

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am

Okay, disregard. The new GT5 update added the ballast and power-limiting features. These things will certainly change the complexion of the car builds. I would assume that a car with a power-to-weight ratio advantage could be "corrected" to fall within the series regulations. Just my guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

experimenting Empty
PostSubject: Re: experimenting   experimenting Empty

Back to top Go down

experimenting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All American Racers :: GT5 :: AAR Endorsed Events-
Jump to: